IPAD is a common consumer electronic product in daily life, mainly used for entertainment, games, social media communication and other purposes. Everyone knows about IPAD, but industrial tablet computers are unfamiliar to many people. In fact, industrial tablet computers are a touch industrial all-in-one computer that integrates a host and a display, and are mainly used in various complex industrial environments.
So what is the difference between an iPad and an industrial tablet?
1. Different shapes: iPads are smaller and more beautiful, while industrial tablets are larger. Tablet computers such as iPad are consumer electronic products used for personal entertainment. For the sake of beauty and convenience, they are often designed to be lighter and better-looking. The industrial tablet PC is not as thin and light as the iPad because of the many built-in modules, and the appearance design is reinforced and the heat dissipation design is designed.
2. Different working temperature: iPad is not resistant to high and low temperature, but industrial tablet computer can work in a wide temperature environment. iPads usually only operate in the temperature range of 10°C to 40°C. Once the temperature is too high or too low, it is not only prone to battery life problems, but also easy to damage the device. The working temperature of the industrial panel computer can be between -10°C and 70°C, and it can operate normally and stably in cold or extremely hot environments.
3. Different working hours: iPad cannot work 24 hours a day, but industrial tablet computers can run 24 hours a day. The iPad cannot run 24 hours a day, otherwise the service life will be greatly reduced, and it is generally used for 3-5 years, and it is basically necessary to replace it with a new one. The service life of industrial tablet computers can reach nearly 5 to 10 years, and can run 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
4. Different working environments: iPads are generally only used for home use, but industrial tablet computers are not afraid of harsh environments and can run in complex industrial environments. Compared with the iPad, the working environment of industrial tablet PCs is more harsh and complex, mostly in harsh environments such as workshops and outdoors. It is necessary to ensure dustproof and waterproof, as well as anti-vibration and electromagnetic interference.
5. Different electronic components: The spare parts used in personal tablet computers such as iPad are generally commercial grade, and pay more attention to performance. The spare parts used in industrial tablet computers are all industrial grade, with better reliability and stability.
6. Different I/O expansion: iPad generally has no external interface, while industrial tablet computer has more interfaces. The interface on the iPad is nothing but a charging port and a headphone jack. The industrial tablet PC can have a variety of external serial communication and network interfaces, such as USB2.0/3.0, COM port, Gigabit Ethernet port, HDMI high-definition Display interface, audio input and output interface, etc., can be connected to various external devices according to actual needs.
Post time: Sep-18-2022